Today marks the first anniversary of the Soy de Duval blog. I want to take this occasion to thank everyone for the tremendous support shown to this effort.
Just a short recap of what we have done over the last 12 months:
- the blog has received 15,800 looks or page visits,
- we have posted 64 articles for an average of five a month,
- 151 people have subscribed to the blog,
- 171 people “Like us" on Facebook and
- 8 people are following us on our recently established Twitter account.
Our highest viewed post was “San Diego Dominican priests recalled to Spain subject of documentary by Father Ibáñez 607 views. The remaining top 10 blogs were:
We have been reacquainted with many old friends and made new ones. One of the most rewarding aspects of the blog is that we have been able to share information with so many people who have a genuine interest in Duval County history. The sharing has gone both ways; I have been blessed to have many people share their photos, genealogies, family histories, etc. Please keep them coming.
Again, thanks to all of you for your support. Keep in mind that the aim of the blog--as stated in our first post--is the publication of a book on the nineteenth century history of Duval County. The goal is to achieve that before our second anniversary.