Flores family tree

Following is the Flores family tree shared with us by Eddie Garcia. The Flores family were the original grantees of the San Diego de Arriba and San Diego de Abajo land grants.


Theresa Alvarado-Cunningham | February 16, 2019 at 5:50 pm | Reply (Edit) I am a decendant of Jose Antonio Ibáñez and was interested in looking at the Ibáñez lineage compiled by Eddie Garcia. I clicked on the link but was unable to open the file. Has the link expired? cardenas.ae@gmail.com | February 18, 2019 at 9:41 am | Reply (Edit) Sorry but there are no links to each family. Mr. Garcia’s email address does appear on the post so you may want to contact him directly. FYI my wife is an Ibanez but we are not great genealogists and have only a little information, but it does not go that far back. Good luck with your search. Alfredo E. Cardenas | October 29, 2013 at 12:49 am | Reply (Edit) Joe, Eddie sent me a file on the Ibanez family. He said" The Ibanez lineage is not only connected with the Flores Family who were heirs of the San Diego Land Grant, but also have a direct lineage to Governor Alonzo de Leon and Explorer of Texas. I am a direct descendant of Alonzo de Leon and his brother Antonio de Leon. In an attempt to honor the request for clarification I am forwarding Ibanez lineages, also some lineages that Joe Ibanez might be interested in seeing. I have compiled for personal use and quick reference multiple lineages of my ancestors. The Flores, Ibanez, and my DeLeon line share mutual ancestors with each other. You can see his document in the following link. If you have problems, let me know. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XDfYMf35WOVHlGcy1DVXQweEU/edit?usp=sharing Alfredo E. Cardenas | October 25, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Reply (Edit) Joe, the document was provided by Eddie Garcia and perhaps he can clarify your question. I will forward your comment to him. Thank you for your continued support for my blog. Joe Ibanez | October 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Reply (Edit) Alfredo this is a very interesting document. It verifies, for me, that my ancestors were a part of the founding of S.D.. I am, however, puzzled by the reference to Ma. Teodora Ibanez seemingly as daughter to Ma. Merced and Jose Antonio Ibanez. The relationships are very difficult to reconcile based on this document due to the many cross references and annotations. In all of my documentation of the Ybanez/Ibanez family genealogy there is no reference to Ma. Teodora as being an issue from Ma. Merced and Jose Antonio. Perhaps the reference, as I am interpreting, is not accurate? In all other aspects this is a most welcome addition the the history of San Diego. My thanks and appreciation for your work. Mil Gracias!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'64 Vaquero state finalist basketball team will be inducted into the Latin American International Sports Hall of Fame in Laredo

1963-64 Vaqueros inducted into Sports Hall of Fame

Tommy Molina, stood tall with '63-'64 Vaqueros roundballers