Soy de Duval reaches milestone, 1,000 subscribers

POSTED BY: CARDENAS.AE@GMAIL.COM DECEMBER 3, 2019

A week ago, our blog Soy de Duval reached a milestone when it gained its 1,000th subscriber. To commemorate the occasion we have awarded our new subscriber, Justin Mendieta of Corpus Christi, a complimentary copy of Balo’s War. Thank you, Justin, and thanks to the other 999 subscribers for your support.

16 COMMENTSON "SOY DE DUVAL REACHES MILESTONE, 1,000 SUBSCRIBERS"

  1. Alonzo Byington | March 10, 2020 at 8:22 am | Reply
    I must have accidentally taken my name off the mailing list. Please continue sending your weekly newsletters.

  2. Norberto Flores | December 9, 2019 at 9:14 pm | Reply
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    My dad Jose Flores grew up in Sejita, Duval County Texas, and my mom, Eliza Pena Olivarez just next door, in Ramirez.
    My Grandfather, Rafael Flores with my grandmother Laureana Salinas Flores had a ranch about one mile west of Sejita.
    My mom grew up with her uncles Abel and Jose Pena who also had a ranch next to the refinery.
    My dad and mom move to Edcouch in the mid 1930s.
    I’m looking forward to the blog.

  3. Norberto Flores | December 9, 2019 at 9:07 pm | Reply
    My dad Jose Flores grew up in Sejita, Duval County Texas, and my mom, Eliza Pena Olivarez just next door, in Ramirez.
    I’m looking forward to the blog.

  4. Suzel Bozada-Deas | December 4, 2019 at 3:20 pm | Reply
    Congrats! We thank you for this labor of love.
    Suzel Bozada-Deas

  5. Sr. Elsa Garcia | December 4, 2019 at 10:29 am | Reply
    I am wondering what is the earliest record you have discovered about Duval Co. and or the region.

    • cardenas.ae@gmail.com | December 5, 2019 at 8:53 am | Reply
      Thank you, Sister Elsa. I love your question. Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks for a more full reply in the form of a blog. I think you may be pleasantly surprised!

  6. Lyle C. Brown | December 4, 2019 at 7:58 am | Reply
    Keep up tour good work!
    Lyle C. Brown

  7. Lauro Almaraz Jr. | December 4, 2019 at 7:25 am | Reply
    excellent!

  8. Alonzo Byington | December 3, 2019 at 10:16 pm | Reply
    Love it. Keep them coming.

  9. Jaime Enrique Palacios | December 3, 2019 at 9:18 pm | Reply
    Good to know my Dads stories are true, he did go swimming in Sweden and picked cotton as a kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'64 Vaquero state finalist basketball team will be inducted into the Latin American International Sports Hall of Fame in Laredo

1963-64 Vaqueros inducted into Sports Hall of Fame

Tommy Molina, stood tall with '63-'64 Vaqueros roundballers