This writer is going on “unpaid” sabbatical

 

POSTED BY: CARDENAS.AE@GMAIL.COM SEPTEMBER 21, 2020


Greetings!

I am afraid I have become somewhat of a stranger over the last several months. My sincere apologies for that, but I have a good excuse: aside from my responsibilities as a husband, father, and grandfather (yay), now I have seriously begun to write my next book. Which I hope will be my opus! That is to say, the work I have been working on for years.

Soon, within the year, hopefully, I will publish Soy de Duval, the Nineteenth Century History of Duval County, Texas.

To meet this self-imposed deadline, I will dedicate all my spare time to the book. So, don’t expect to see Soy de Duval blogs any time soon. I genuinely hope you will understand this decision.

What I have thought of doing, if you, my readers, think it would satisfy your need for Duval County historical stories, I could repost some “oldies but goodies” of past blogs. Let me know, either by replying to this blog or commenting on Facebook, that you would like to see oldies, which I suppose is better than nothing.

Hasta luego, mis amigos de Duval.



44 COMMENTSON "THIS WRITER IS GOING ON “UNPAID” SABBATICAL"

  1. David Smith | September 25, 2020 at 10:59 pm | Reply
    Smittysez.
    I approve this Message.
    Andale!

  2. Juanita | September 24, 2020 at 2:36 pm | Reply
    Alfredo te vamos a extrañar! Yes, oldies please! I can’t wait to read your book!
    Saludos!

  3. Martha | September 23, 2020 at 3:12 pm | Reply
    Please do post your older columns- and do get busy on your Duval book. Am anxious to read your work!
    Martha Fleitas

  4. Sr. Elsa Garcia | September 23, 2020 at 2:27 pm | Reply
    Blessings on your writing. We will be making more history for you.

  5. D Ramos | September 22, 2020 at 11:57 pm | Reply
    Good luck. I look forward to reading it.

  6. Lauro Salazar | September 22, 2020 at 8:47 pm | Reply
    Looking forward to your new book, and would love those older posts….Good Luck.

  7. Lana J Barnes | September 22, 2020 at 6:12 pm | Reply
    I enjoy all that you have shared. Best of everything with the new book. Will be waiting for it.

  8. RC resendez | September 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm | Reply
    Tough times ..don’t last…TOUGH DUVAL HOMBRES ..DO,,ADELANTE..SUERTE…

  9. Diana Rendon | September 22, 2020 at 2:23 pm | Reply
    Have enjoyed your blogs and looking forward to that book. Adelante, siempre adelante.
    Diana Rendón

  10. Philip Vaello | September 22, 2020 at 2:22 pm | Reply
    Good luck and best wishes on all of your works! If you come across any good Vaello family stories as well as any Maps that show the Pintas ranch (you once mentioned your parents grew up at the ranch) or all the old ranch communities.

  11. Raquel | September 22, 2020 at 11:34 am | Reply
    Mr. Cardenas, I am looking forward to your book. I am also in favor of you posting anything old. I am a fairly new fan of your blog, so anything would be new to me.
    Peace, Love & Health my friend!

  12. Andres Tijerina | September 22, 2020 at 11:28 am | Reply
    We’ll miss the chronicles, but the book makes it worth the wait.

    • cardenas.ae@gmail.com | September 22, 2020 at 11:35 am | Reply
      Thank you, Andres. You understand and appreciate what’s involved more than I do but I’ll keep plowing ahead. It will be worth it.

  13. Romeo(RH)Garcia | September 22, 2020 at 11:22 am | Reply
    Have enjoyed all your stories of Duval County and can relate to some. Good luck on your new book and let us know when it is on the market.

  14. Rose Flores | September 22, 2020 at 11:16 am | Reply
    Looking forward to reading your book

  15. Rose | September 22, 2020 at 11:07 am | Reply
    Older posts would be great. Good luck writing your book

  16. John David Saenz | September 22, 2020 at 10:13 am | Reply
    Oldies but goodies are welcomed!! Even more sought after will be the next book.

  17. Valdo soliz | September 22, 2020 at 9:40 am | Reply
    Maybe post some of your earlier works. I became a member some what later in the game, so probably missed your early works. Am always on the lookout for your stories!

  18. John Koenig | September 22, 2020 at 8:59 am | Reply
    Good luck on the new book. If I run across any Duval County articles in old newspapers I’ll send you a copy.
    Regards
    JK

  19. Lydia Cuellar | September 22, 2020 at 8:44 am | Reply
    Enjoy your time to write and looking forward to reading your new book.
    Lydia Cuellar

  20. Robert J. Garcia | September 22, 2020 at 8:29 am | Reply
    Good idea to post past blogs! Looking forward to your new book!

  21. Diana Cueva Liese | September 22, 2020 at 8:19 am | Reply
    I would love to read older posts about Duval County! Thank you and good luck with your book. I can’t wait to read it

  22. Arleen Rich Townsenf | September 22, 2020 at 8:08 am | Reply
    Would love some old ones

cardenas.ae@gmail.com | September 22, 2020 at 10:13 am | Reply
Looks like its what most replies indicate. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'64 Vaquero state finalist basketball team will be inducted into the Latin American International Sports Hall of Fame in Laredo

1963-64 Vaqueros inducted into Sports Hall of Fame

Tommy Molina, stood tall with '63-'64 Vaqueros roundballers